Foods to take with you On the Go:
* in zip lock baggies, put single serving sizes of …raw nuts, almonds, sunflower seeds, prunes, rasins, walnuts, shaved coconut, figs, dates – etc.
* zip lock bags are also great for… fresh fruits and veg – grapes, orange segments, pineapple chunks, mango slices etc. Or cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices, orange pepper slices, fresh peas, even sprouts are great!
What to Order at a Restaurant:
* Go for grilled, poached, broiled or stir fried (with minimal oil) and side-step deep fried.
* Ask for whole grain, and an olive oil/balsamic dip rather than butter or cheeses on breads.
* Have a salad as an appetizer
* If choosing a pasta, have a tomato, veggie or olive oil sauce sauce rather than a cheese sauce.
*Have extra vegetables, rather than potatoes, pasta or rice when having a meat or fish meal
* When possible go for a whole grain wrap/pita, with plenty of fresh and roasted vegetables, and possibly seeds, chick peas, lentils etc.. (not fried) See sauce notes above, Djion is also a great option!
* Vegetable soups, nori rice & veg wraps are also a nice option when available, as well as fresh fruit cups – and real (blended in front of you) smoothies.
Cheers to your health and making wise decisions for your body, mind and spirit!